In alignment with our policy of continued product development, Arc Solutions is pleased to confirm our product strategy in support of ARC console applications running in a VMWare environment. ARC confirms that formal VMWare testing & certification is planned as a part of our 2010 roadmap and in the interim period customers may now run ARC applications in a VMWare environment and receive support from the ARC Technical Services team, subject to the following points..
- Each VMWare instance should be registered with and acknowledged by the Arc Solutions Technical Support Centre (TSC) prior to rollout.
- Arc Solutions do not support the VMotion module within VMWare.
- Virtual server installations of Arc applications must not be used for anything other than infrastructure resilience; virtual sessions must not be used for licensing duplication.
- The installation, configuration and support of the VMWare server is the responsibility of the Customer and/or Reseller.
- Arc Solutions reserves the right to request the relocation of Arc software onto a dedicated physical platform should, after detailed investigation of any issue, it be deemed necessary to remove the VMWare part of the solution. Should such a scenario occur, the Arc TSC will provide the technical data required to validate that the issue is platform related.
Should there be any further questions relating to the support of Arc software in a virtual environment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org